Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Desk is a Mess!

A teacher once told me a messy desk means the teacher is spending a lot of time with their students. Well if that's true, no one could ever accuse me of not spending all of my time with my students! During the school year, my desk organization sometimes goes to the way side..

So while one of my daily perusings on Pinterest, I came across the Blog, Down the Learning Road. She had this brilliant idea of buying a toolkit and making labels for all the little odds and ends you find in your desk. Now I know this wont completely fix my desk organization problem, but it's a start!

So here's what I did:

First I went to Amazon.com and searched for plastic drawers and this is the one I decided to purchase:


Next, I thought it needed a little sprucing up! So I took scrapbook paper and measured the drawers and cut the paper to fit in as labels. But what good are labels if there aren't any words on them? This is where I had to get really clever! I had found this idea of printing letters on sticky notes, so I thought why couldn't I do that with my scrapbook labels?

First, I just printed the labels on regular paper:


Second, I tapped my pre-cut labels on top of the words I wanted printed on them:


Third, I sent it back through my printer:


The last thing I needed to do was adhere the labels to the drawers. And what better way to do that than with a little Mod Podge!


Now, drum roll please! I have the finished product and already my desk is cleaner!




No comments:

Post a Comment